IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking
Tatkal booking of tickets is meant for travellers on instant travel plan with time being a constraint, which makes this kind of booking in high demand. You can either book at counters, or even online.
Tatkal ticket booking charges
Tatkal railway reservation charges are fixed at 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of the basic fare for all other classes subjected to a minimum and maximum rate. These charges are the same at peak and non-peak seasons.
Tatkal ticket Booking Timings
IRCTC Tatkal Booking can be done from 10 am onwards one the day prior to the date of journey.
Visit the IRCTC Website and login with your IRCTC login credentials to search for a train from a source to destination. By selecting your preferred train from the available train list and number of seats to be reserved, you can get the fare charges and payment can be processed online via debit card, credit card and net banking.
Documents required for Tatkal ticket booking
A Tatkal ticket will only be issued on production of identity proof of the traveller. A self-attested photocopy of the id proof has to be attached to the requisition slip and submitted. The details of the identity proof will be captured by the system and specified on the reserved ticket and reservation chart.
Although it's not mandatory for the passenger to personally go to the counter and book Tatkal tickets, it is compulsory that the traveller carries his/her original id proof, the same that had been indicated on the ticket. In situations when the original proof of identity cannot be shown, all the travellers who have been booked on the ticket will be treated as new customer, and hence will have to pay again to purchase a ticket.
Mahabaleshwar train tickets booking or booking for trains from Mumbai to Srinagar can be done through IRCTC Tatkal reservation either online or personally at the railway station or through a travel agent.
Issue of duplicate Tatkal ticket
A duplicate Tatkal ticket is not issued unless it is an exceptional case, only on payment of complete fare included Tatkal charges.
Tatkal ticket refund rule
There is normally no refund on cancellation of Tatkal train tickets. However, the system does make a few exceptions. These are:
1) If the train is delayed by 3 hours or more at the journey starting point.
2) If the train has to run in a different way and the traveller no longer wants to board the train.
3) If the train has to run on a different and changed route and the point of embarkment and the destination do not fall on this route.
4) In case, coach number mentioned on the passenger's ticket is not attached and the passenger has not been provided with a seat in a coach of the same class.
5) If a passenger has been accommodated in the lower class and is not willing to travel. In case passenger travels in lower class, he/she will be refunded the difference of fare and also Tatkal charges.